For Immediate Release: August 1, 2012
For more information contact:
Jill Grubb, Superintendent
Batavia Local School District
Bond / Operating Levy – November 2012
At a special Batavia Local School District Board of Education meeting held on July 30, 2012 the Board approved placing a combination levy on the November 2012 ballot totaling 7.26 mills. The levy will provide money to fund 51% of the cost to build a new PK-5 elementary school on the current high school site, with the other 49% being funded by the Ohio School Facilities Commission, and will also provide an operating levy for the district. The ballot millage breaks down as follows:
Millage to build elementary school 4.51 mills
Millage for operating levy 2.75 mills
Total millage 7.26 mills
The cost of the levy to the owner of a $100,000 home is about .61 cents per day.
The Board is scheduling a special board meeting to serve as a board work session on Monday, August 6, 2012 at 6:30 pm in the High School Library to discuss the details of the proposed levy to receive input from the community and to answer questions. All interested community members are invited to attend.