For days that BMS is holding a Remote Learning Day students need to follow the below schedule and expectations.
Schedule for the Day
- Students will complete all class work assigned for the remote day by 11:59 pm of the day assigned to be counted present for the day.
- Any work not submitted will fall under the regular late work policy.
- If a student is sick tomorrow, 1/29/21, a doctor’s note or parent call will need to be made in order to allow for absence policies to be put into place. This does not include our students that are currently out on quarantine as they are expected if not ill to participate in our remote learning day.
- Students must attend daily check-in times by period for attendance purposes and class updates.
- Students will enter each of their classes remotely through their Google classroom accounts.
Student Etiquette in Google Meets/Hangouts
- When you enter the Meet/Hangout, mute yourself (If you are already not muted.)
- When you have a question, type in the textbox and wait for your teacher to call on you.
- When you have something to contribute to what is being said, but it is not your turn, feel free to use the raise your hand feature or the chat feature in the right-hand corner.
- Wait for the teacher to call on you to unmute yourself and contribute to the class discussion.
- Only one student should contribute/talk at a time.
- Look into the camera when you are talking. We should be able to see you during the meet.
- Stay attentive. Pay attention to your teacher or other students who are speaking. You should not be on other devices while participating in the Meet.
- All rules that apply in class will be expected in the virtual platform. The student code of conduct is expected to be followed while participating in the remote learning environment. Those who choose to not comply with appropriate behavior will be subject to disciplinary action.